GIGABYTE OC Guru
GIGABYTE OC Guru II — opens access to the settings of graphics adapters from the manufacturer of the same name, displays information about device parameters and allows you to configure the profiles of the video card.
The program has not only rich functionality, but also an interesting appearance. Especially one of the versions, which is similar to the remote control of a spaceship. However, the utility’s capabilities are quite wide.
- Changing the GPU core frequency. The core frequency is exactly what affects performance in the first place. The program allows you to increase the operating frequency of the core (of course, within adequate limits). This increases the overall performance of the graphics adapter. But without a good cooling system, you should not do this. The video card may burn out.
- Edit the bus frequency. The frequency of the memory bus of the video card also affects the speed of the graphics adapter. Increasing even a few steps can make the graphics card work much faster. However, you need to experiment with this carefully. In case of failure, you can kill not only the video card, but also the entire motherboard.
- Temperature monitoring. During overclocking, the core temperature increases significantly. The program monitors the current parameter in real time and issues a corresponding warning if a critical point is reached. We urgently need to reduce the core and memory frequencies in this case.
- Possibility of testing. The program allows you to check the frequency settings before applying them. This way you can avoid critical consequences. If the settings are too high, the program will reset everything to the factory standards. Then you can start a new selection of settings for the current video card.
- Critical overload protection. A very useful option in the application. If the applied settings lead to unstable operation of the graphics adapter and there is a high probability of a «fatal outcome», the program can automatically reset everything to the factory standards. This is useful for novice users.
Gigabyte OC Guru 2 is great for overclocking modern video cards (those that support this option). The program is completely free and can work with graphics adapters from various manufacturers. However, it should be used with a certain degree of caution. Inept user actions can lead to the loss of equipment.
Many users use this particular utility for overclocking. But how does it stand out among other products? A list of advantages.
- simple installation process;
- interesting design;
- working with all Windows operating systems;
- does not require the installation of additional modules;
- no advertising content;
- the program is easy to manage;
- easy to master the app;
- simple uninstall process.
The utility is aimed at fans of overclocking. Ordinary users may be interested in it only in terms of constant monitoring of the temperature of the video adapter. However, many people install it on their computer.